14 januari 2021, 14.00 uur
- Comparative effectiveness trials
- Practice-oriented clinical studies
- Efficiency Studies
- Return on investment
- The proposed budget of the trial must be reasonable and commensurate with the work involved. A thorough evaluation of the proposed budget is part of the total assessment procedure.
- The duration of the study should be realistic.
- The available budget for this call is € 9 million.
The BeNeFIT call focuses on comparative effectiveness trials which show clear value for money and have the potential for return on investment. Accepted trial interventions are not limited to drugs or medical devices but also include a broad range of interventions, such as psychotherapy, diet, diagnostic tests or surgery. Proposals will be selected based on the need for evidence in clinical practice and possible efficiency improvement and potential return on investment for the health care systems. The primary aim of the trial must be of a non-commercial nature.
Research teams from institutions in Belgium and the Netherlands can apply to this call. The sponsor (the main applicant) should be located in one of the two countries and should be supported by a national coordinating centre in the other country. Both Belgian and Dutch centres should participate, ideally with a good regional spread. In Belgium, both French-speaking and Flemish centres should participate.